Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £23,000.00-£25,000.00 per year
We are looking for an experienced Bar Manager ready for a new challenge and to oversee Twisters Bar in Colchester.
Twisters Bar is regarded one of the best alternative night spot in the town. The DJs fuse great music from indie, rock and punk to classic soul, funk and more. We have our extensive range of classic cocktails, teapots to share and a cool range of canned craft beers.
Our Bar Manager will be passionate about forging a strong presence in the local night-time economy. They will build and develop our team with a love of crafting unique cocktails, serving first-rate beers and delivering excellent customer service. It is a very hands-on role and the bar manager will be working in the venue with the team’s leading by example.
The successful candidate will be responsible for
- Achieve strong gross profit margins through valuable training and ongoing staff management
- Ensure revenue growth by running exciting venues and working closely with our full-time promotions team
- Maintain labour costs by creating effective schedules
- Support and work with the management team for the purpose of improving the running of the venues and upkeep of the buildings
- Adhere to all principles of health and safety, compliance and licensing
- Recruiting, training and developing staff members
- Conduct performance reviews and one to ones with team members
- Liaising with suppliers and contractors
- Daily accounting duties
What we are looking for
- Bar Management minimum 3 years’ experience
- Positive personality who can build an instant rapport with customers and team members
- Be at the forefront of staff motivation and morale
As part of the Management Team you will be expected to work five out of seven days, the hours will be mainly evenings and weekends and it will be in a fast-paced environment.
In return we can offer you a competitive management package with a bonus scheme and a 25% discount for yourself in all our venues.
We’re always on the look out for great talent, so please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] to register your interest. We look forward to hearing from you!